GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

 

SCHEDULED MEETINGS OF THE ACADEMIC FACULTY AND
ACADEMIC FACULTY SENATE

Combined with

A CALLED MEETING OF THE FACULTY

 

Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 3:00 pm

Student Center Theater

 

AGENDA

 

1.     Call to Order Dr. Elena Garcia, Chair Faculty Executive Board

2.     Opening Remarks Dr. Colin Potts, Vice Provost Undergraduate Education

3.     Approval of minutes of previous meeting February 13, 2018

4.     Presentation and approval of degree candidates for spring graduation Ms. Reta Pikowsky, Registrar

5.     Report of the Faculty Athletics Representative, Dr. Charles Isbell

6.     Provost Committee on Academic Scheduling Annual Report, Co-chairs Prof Joe Hughes and Dr. Steven Girardot, Assoc Vice Provost Undergrad Ed

7.     Faculty Handbook modifications presentation Prof Joe Hughes, Statutes Committee Chair

  1. Statutes: second reading and vote (information):
  2. Promotion guidelines for Academic Professionals and Lecturers request
  3. Transfer of responsibility for Campus Use policies and procedures request

8.     Approval of minutes and action items of Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate

a.      Statutes Committee Prof. Joe Hughes, Chair

 Minutes: 04/13/18

9.     Approval of minutes and action items of Standing Committees of the Academic Faculty Senate

a.      Institute Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (IUCC) Dr. Mindy Millard-Stafford, Vice-Chair          

Minutes:  02/27/18, 03/06/18, 04/03/18           Presentation

Action items: From 03/06: ECE: new course; EAC: 2 new courses; Chem and Biochem: new course, degree mods; Industrial Design: 2 new courses; Bldg Const: 1 new course; Arch: 3 new courses; City and Regional Plan: 4 new courses; ME: 6 new courses, degree mod; From 04/03: Bldg Const: deactivate degree; CEE: add CEE track to existing minor; Physics: degree mods; Math: 1 new course, degree mod, deactivate degree; Music: 1 new course, deactivate minor, minor mods; Business: deactivate 2 courses, modify certificate; CoB and Mod Lang: new interdisciplinary minor; ISyE: 1 new course; Mod Lang: new minor.

b.     Institute Graduate Curriculum Committee (IGCC) Prof. David Sluss, Chair

Minutes: 03/01/18, 04/05/18, 04/17/18                      Presentation

Action Items: From 03/01: International Affairs and CoC: new cross-listed course; Music: new course; Bldg Const: new course; Arch: 11 new courses, reactivate 2 courses; Industrial Design: 6 new courses; From 04/05: MSE: new course; Industrial Design: degree mod; Schools of Ind Design, Psych, LMC, and CoC: degree mod; CoC: degree mods; Econ: degree mod; Biomed Eng: new course, degree mod; ME: new course; Policy Item: New Credential: Stand-Alone Grad Certificate; From 04/17: CoE: program termination.

c.      Student Regulations Committee (SRC) Prof Al Ferri, Chairs;

Minutes: 12/5/17, 02/20/18, 03/27/18, 04/10/18                          Presentation

      Action items: From 12/05: changes in Doctoral Comp Exams; New language in catalog for double-counting courses towards MS degrees; From 03/27: Catalog change to Student-Faculty Expectations, changes to Extracurricular and Intercollegiate sports regulations in Catalog, changes to Academic Renewal Procedures; From 04/10: Changes to Grade Substitution Policy.

 

d.     Student Academic and Financial Affairs (SAFAC) Dr. Ruth Poproski, Chair

Minutes: 12/04/17, 01/31/18, 03/14/18                          Presentation

 

10.  Any other business

  

--------------------------

Jeanne H. Balsam

Secretary of the Faculty

April 17, 2018