GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
SCHEDULED MEETING OF ACADEMIC FACULTY SENATE
A CALLED MEETING OF THE FACULTY
Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 3:00 pm
Student Center Theater
1. Call to Order and Opening Remarks Provost Bras
2. Approval of minutes of previous meeting October 23, 2018
3. Presentation of Degree Candidates Ms. Reta Pikowsky, Registrar
4. Comprehensive Administrative Review (CAR) Georgia Techs Participation handout Dr. Sonia Alvarez-Robinson, Exec Director for Strategic Consulting
5. Request for nominees for faculty governance positions Ms. Jeanne Balsam, Secretary, for Dr. Erick Maxwell, Chair of the Nominations Committee
6. Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) report Dr. Charles Isbell, Executive Associate Dean, College of Computing
8. Approval of minutes and action items of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate
a. Undergraduate Curriculum Dr. Mindy Millard-Stafford, Vice-Chair Presentation
Action items: From 11/06: Computing: updated information, for 11 courses; Music: degree mod, deactivate certificate; Modern Lang: minor mod, 2 new courses, degree mods; CEE: 3 new courses, minor mod; ECE: 3 new courses, deactivate course, degree mod; Dept of AF Aerospace Studies: 1 new course, deactivate 8 courses; Public Policy: minor mod; LMC: 1 new course, deactivate 27 courses, 4 course updates. From 11/27/18: posthumous degree award.
b. Graduate Curriculum Prof Kristie Macrakis, Chair Presentation
Action Items: From 11/01: Public Policy: new Certificate, Computing: 3 new courses; Music: 2 new courses; City & Regional Planning: 3 new courses, degree mod, deactivate 1 course; ECE: 4 new courses, certificate mod, degree mod.
c. Student Regulations Prof. Al Ferri, Chair Presentation
Action Items: From 10/12/18: New Final Exam policy, modify Leave of Absence policy
d. Student Academic & Financial Affairs Prof. Hamid Garmestani, Chair Presentation
Minutes: 09/27/18, 10/25/18. No action items.
e. Student Activities Dr. Michael Evans (Chair 2017-19)
Minutes: 09/10/18, 09/24/18, 10/15/18, 10/29/18, 11/05/18, 11/12/18
Action items: Approval of all student activity charters and constitution revisions recommended by the committee as documented in their minutes and the annual report.
9. Any other business.
Jeanne H. Balsam
Secretary of the Faculty
November 27, 2018