GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
COMBINED MEETING OF THE
GENERAL FACULTY ASSEMBLY
1. Opening Remarks by the President.
2. Approval of Minutes of previous meeting(s); see link to web site listing (#1 below):
Called meeting of the General
Faculty combined with Fall meeting of the Academic Senate (
3. “Where are we now, where are we going, and what will it take to get there?” Presentation by Dr. Jean-Lou Chameau (Provost)
4. Proposal to allow students to submit course evaluations through the end of final exam week (Sayle; see #3 below).
5. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the General Faculty; see link to web site listing (#2 below):
c. Welfare and Security:
6. Approval of Minutes of Standing Committees of the Academic Senate; see link to web site listing (#2 below):
a. Undergraduate Curriculum: December 2&4, 2002; January 6, 2003; January 15, 2003 [Action items: Change in credit hours for Learning Support Courses, new courses in Biomedical Engineering, and change in Computer Science requirement for nine degree programs (01/15/03)]
b. Graduate Curriculum: December 5, 2002; January 23, 2003 [Action items: New MBA program and associated MGT courses, and new course PUBP 8000 Joint Doctoral Program with GSU; College of Architecture dual degree in law and city planning, and LCC PhD program in digital media and associated new courses (01/23/03)]
Academic & Financial Affairs: April 12, 2002; November 7, 2002;
d. Student Activities: September 12, 2002; October 29, 2002;
7. Any Other Business.
Secretary of the Faculty
Links to cited documents: